1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by j charleston, Nov 9, 2019.

  1. j charleston

    j charleston Member

    Hi all not sure if I'm posting in the right place I have a question I want to stay in the Philippines for 59 days I know I will need a visa but do I book the airline ticket for 30 days and get the visa over there or do I book 59 days now and get the visa over there, please help cuz I have no idea and I need to book like now thank you :)
  2. aposhark

    aposhark Well-Known Member Lifetime Member

    I would book the airticket for 59 days then go to the Bureau Of Immigration to get an extension:
    If you are a UK citizen, your first visa is free and automatic when you arrive there.
    Visa Extensions
    • It is easy to extend your initial 30-day visa (technically a visa 'waiver') for an additional 29 days. ...
    • Thereafter, you may apply for additional one-month, two-month or six-month extensions. ...
    • You can apply for visa extensions at the head office in Manila or at any BOI provincial office.

    The last time I went to the B.o.I. near Cebu City for an extension, the official told me that I could pay a little extra to rush it through in an hour. I paid it and had the extension within a short time.
    There were others who were waiting for the same thing and not willing to pay extra to save a little time.
    It depends how much of a rush you are in, or if you go and do a little shopping and go back to collect it later in the day.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  3. j charleston

    j charleston Member

    Thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate you helping me, cuz I had know idea I will do that ;)
  4. Bootsonground

    Bootsonground BANNED

    All immigration require is an exit ticket..They are not concerned about the exit date as you can extend your visa locally for up to 3 years without leaving.
    Just supply them with your passport and exit ticket and they will give you an automatic 30 day visa.. Very easy to extend visa at any immigration center throughout the country.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1

Share This Page